GENERAL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Carman’s Foto Source & Fairview Photo Lab (the “Sponsor”).
Official Sponsor website: www.carmans.com (the “Website”).
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Application: These rules apply to contests (each, a “Contest”) created and/or operated by the Sponsor, excluding any and all contests for which specific rules have been developed (in which case those specific rules will apply). By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules.
2. Contest Period: Details of the start and end dates, the start and end times, and any other relevant information will be identified at the time of the Contest by means of applicable promotional materials, via the Website, by the Sponsor’s representatives, and/or by means of any of the Sponsor’s official social networking pages. Any specification of times will be in the Sponsor’s time zone, Eastern Time ("ET”).
3. Eligibility: Unless otherwise stated, Contest entrants must be a legal Ontario resident who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Participation in a Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”). Employees, affiliates and representatives of the Sponsor, as well as those with whom the foregoing individuals reside, are not eligible to participate in Contests.
4. Prizing: Details of the prize(s) available to be won and any other relevant information will be identified at the time of the Contest by means of applicable promotional materials, via the Website, by the Sponsor’s representatives, and/or by means of any of the Sponsor’s official social networking pages. Such information may also be requested during the applicable Contest period.
5. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE ODDS OF WINNING IN ANY CONTEST. Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one entry per person per Contest. One or several of the following entry mechanisms may be applicable to any given Contest. Entry mechanism(s) in respect to each individual Contest will be noted by means of applicable promotional materials, via the Website, by the Sponsor’s representatives, and/or by means of any of the Sponsor’s official social networking pages.
To enter a Contest by means of the Website, go to the Website during the applicable Contest entry period and click on the Contest banners, buttons, and/or links to access the online entry form for the Contest. Complete the online entry form as instructed, being sure to include all information requested. Incomplete entries will be deemed void. By successfully completing the online entry form and submitting it, you will be entered in the Contest.
Entry via Social Media:
For Contests with entry via one or several of the Sponsor’s official social networking pages, entry must be effected by means of the applicable third party service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”). To enter a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service. By creating an account with a Third Party Service, the entrant agrees to comply with the Third Party Service’s terms and policies. For Contests with entry by means of a Third Party Service, you must be a follower of, or must have “liked”, the official social networking page of the Sponsor on the applicable Third Party Service. You may also be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account in order to participate.
All entrants acknowledge that Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By participating in any Contest, you completely release Facebook of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
When a Contest requires in-store entry, you must go to the nearest store to them (can be found at www.carmans.com/contactus) during the applicable Contest entry period and complete and sign a written entry form. Once a written entry form has been completed and submitted successfully, you will be entered in the Contest.
6. Restrictions - Photo, Video, or Essay Submission: On occasion, a Contest entry mechanism may require you to submit (whether via Internet upload, in-store, or otherwise) an original photograph or video (collectively or individually, the “Creative Material”), or an original written submission (the “Essay”) to the Sponsor, subject to instructions provided by the Sponsor and/or its representatives. By entering a Contest requiring a Creative Material or Essay submission, you represent and warrant that your entry (including, without limitation, the Creative Material or Essay) (a) is original to you, and that you own all necessary rights (including, without limitation, copyright) in and to the Creative Material or Essay to enter the Contest; (b) does not include content that is defamatory, libelous, pornographic or obscene; and (c) does not contain, depict, include or involve, (i) nudity, (ii) explicit, graphic, or excessive sexual activity, (iii) crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols, (iv) derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, (v) content that endorses, condones and/or pertains to any illegal, inappropriate or high risk activity, behaviour or conduct, (vi) personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic), without the consent of those individuals, (vii) commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services, (viii) any materially identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos (materiality to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), or (ix) any other content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. You further understand and agree that your entry (including, without limitation, the Creative Material or Essay) will not be returned to you upon submission to the Contest, and may be refused as entry to a particular Contest in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor. By entering a Contest requiring a Creative Material or Essay submission, you grant to the Sponsor an unlimited, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use your entry, including the Creative Material or Essay, in any media and for any purpose related to the Contest, and waive all claims of copyright and moral rights in the Creative Material or Essay, and any rights that you may have to compensation, pertaining to any use, reproduction, modification, adaptation, alteration of, or creation of derivative works from, the Creative Material or Essay by the Sponsor for any purpose and in any media whatsoever.
7. Drawing: For Contests where the winner is selected from entries received, a random draw will be made by a representative of the Sponsor from all qualifying entries received by the Contest deadline. A selected entrant will be disqualified and required to forfeit any claim on the Contest prize if he or she cannot be reached within a reasonable time period, as determined in each specific Contest’s rules, or as determined in the discretion of the Sponsor, or if these rules are not adhered to. Decisions and rulings of the Sponsor and/or its representatives are final and binding without appeal in all matters related to the Contests and the awarding of prizes.
8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Contest entry period for a particular Contest, and any criteria used to describe how to enter the Contest.
9. Prize Acceptance & Claiming: Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost or stolen, except as may be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The approximate retail value of a prize is available upon request during the particular Contest entry period. Prizes may not be exactly as advertised. Following confirmation as a winner (the “Winner”) in accordance with the specific Contest’s official rules, the Winner will be given instructions and deadlines via email, social networking, or telephone, specific to each individual Contest, as to how, when and where they must claim their prize(s). A selected entrant must answer a skill-testing question correctly. Failure to answer the mathematical skill-testing question correctly, will result in ineligibility. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of identification when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with a Contest to facilitate the administration of the Contest and/or to ensure the accurate identification of a Contest winner.
10. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information: By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”) each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsors’ to collection and use of the Registrant Information. Except to the extent restricted by applicable law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and use of their personal data and acknowledge that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Unless expressly agreed to, personal data will only be used for the purpose of administering the contest and notifying entrants if they have been selected as an eligible prize winner. Such data will not be misused, and will be stored only with the Sponsor for the purposes identified in these Official Rules.
11. Conduct, Cancel & Amend: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that it finds to be: violating these rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of a Contest or the Website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and to ban or disqualify an entrant from the applicable Contest and any future Contests. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or to amend these Contest rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
12. Laws and Rules: Except as otherwise set forth above, Contests will be run in accordance with these Contest rules, which are subject to amendment by the Sponsor without notice or liability to you. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province. Rights and remedies may vary by province.